Monday, August 20, 2007

First Try at Entrelac

This entrelac swatch is a hoot to do. The SWS yarn changes color nicely for this pattern.

It was hard to tell what would happen with the instructions I was following. I was a little lazy with this one as I was exploring other possibilities with the leftover SWS yarn. The result is distorted but cute. Now I am in a rut to bind this off. When I am able to do that, I would like to make a pouch of it and felt it.

I need help on how to bind this off. I have messed up somewhere in my lazy knitting and cannot follow the last row instructions. I want this done quick and without angst so I can continue with my WOP below...

*tossing it to the UFO pile for now.*


Working through my Stash...



I'm trying to be a good girl and keep at the motivation to decrease my stash. I had a bit of a fall out with my determination and bought two more skeins for a giftee in mind. Even though I have started it.. I'm a little confused by the directions and I need to do another read-through so that I can anticipate what I am doing!

I have four socks on needles - one is a pair of slippers (book photo of greeen socks shown), I hope these will be good for yet another giftee. As I'm using self striping yarn in strong colors, I fear the eyelets may not show through. We'll see.

The koigu Broadripple I had to frog back 10 rows and start again. Its slow going but will get faster now that I have the pattern ingrained (?!?) in my mind...

The denim blue is cabled work (featured in 25 Favorite Socks book) and is easy to memorize.

To offset my sock projects I have the Gothic Leaf Stole. I will also do a Cloche hat with yummy cashmere by Handmaiden.

I still enjoy taking peeks at knitting blogs but I am trying desperately to stay off the computer and focus on the yarny goods. I have two weeks off to make progress and plan to post during the September long weekend. In the meantime I wanted to show my determination. I hope I'm not nuts to have so many projects going on at once... I've not done many WIPs in the past...

See you later!

3 comments:

junior_goddess said...

Wow! The entrelac looks beautiful. You should finish that off.

It dawned on me that a lot of the old hits I have posted might be all new to you. Are you digging your new 'state of the art sound system'?

B

Joan said...

Great job on that entrelac! I love how the SWS works out.

Good for you in working thru the stash. Can you rub off on me? ;-}

Joan said...

PS...about socks, once you've done a few pair, they breeze by. Are you using 2 circs or dps?