Monday, October 09, 2006

Lace work in progress
Lately I have been giving attention to lace patterns that I have wanted to try. I don't have the confidence to work with finer yarns at this point, but working with Elanns luxurious cashmere and Paton's new Wool Soy blend makes the task very enjoyable. I dont think I can be listening to my books as these require me to chant out the instructions on each row. "...Knit 4, yarn-over, knit 2, slip one, knit 2 together, pass over slipped stitch, knit 4. Repeat three times..."

5 comments:

Joan said...

Your swatches look absolutely perfect. I know what you mean about not being able to listen to anything while knitting lace. I have the same problem. Maybe someday?

CatBookMom said...

Isn't it fun to play with swatches of different stitch patterns, to see which ones you like and which you don't? The colors and patterns you've knitted up look great!

The Highland Triangle Shawl that I'm working on really only has 2 pattern rows, but it took me over 60 rows to recognize that. You have a lot of great ideas going, so I'll be looking forward to seeing what you choose.

junior_goddess said...

Hey, Suzie-

Nice to know someone else chants the pattern too! Your swatches look great-have you decided what you'll do? I like the cozy.

Bets

jayne said...

Wow, Suzie, I'm catching up here, and everything looks great. Your backpack turned out well, and the tea cozy is adorable. Really cute and fuzzy. I might have to make something like that for my mother-in-law. She hates her current cozy. Your swatches look good too -- you seem to have the lace thing down already. The SWS swatch in the wavy pattern is a good match. Mmmm...I know how the baby cash feels. Can't wait to see what these develop into.

Laurie said...

Sooz,

Your yarn and lace knitting look beautiful! I'll have to try the website you mentioned. What are you going to make with it? Love the backpack and tea cozy, too!

Hugs, Laurie