Thursday, September 14, 2006

Pearls Tote Summer 2006


This is a modified version of "Pearls Tote," a pattern obtained at Birkeland Brothers on Main Street of Vancouver. Pearl, the designer, works at the store and is my favorite store person to talk to about knitting. She taught me the Figure 8 Cast-On. I used the tabs for the straps taken from the book "Felted Knits." I used three strands to knit at once and feeded a new skein or leftover yarn as I went along. Paternayan yarn knits and felts beautifully. I have used approximately 700 grams of yarn. It knitted up quickly.

3 comments:

jayne said...

I like your blog and all these projects, SooZ! Good to have you back at blogging. I especially like the tea-cozy. Love those colours. That big bag at the top looks perfect for a big knitting project (or yarn crawl). Somewhere to hide all your Elann yarns when they start to roll in.

You could think about designing your own bag for the Elann contest. 100. free Elann stuff is a nice prize. :)

Anonymous said...

Suzie, your bags are beautiful! So happy you have started your knitting blog!

Laurie said...

I love your knitting blog! I need to post some of my favorite projects and get started on mine. I have a favorite shawl I wear ALL the time and have started another one. Now I know why you haven't been writing - you've been knitting! Hugs!