Monday, August 06, 2007

I'd spent the past year working 50 hours a week and had to take a hiatus from knitting. My contract is done and I am now back in regular hours. Ahhhh. I have been off on holidays this past week and spent all my spare time knitting. It feels good to see rows of stitches emerging. The projects below were my focus: the completion of a sock and a start of a new one. A couple of pattern repeats on the stole and the navy blue hat.

My First Attempt at a Stole..
Elann.com has lucious Peruvian Baby Cashmere. I took a leap and purchased 10 skeins (after much encouragement at how affordable and nice it is.)
The pattern is Gothic Leaf Stole by Sivia Harding, a local designer here in B.C. This is going to be my long-term project. (Hopefully NOT so long termed I'll be fixed to a rocker with rusty circ's and worn cable when I bind off.)

I'm proud about my first-time lacework project. I figure I have 5 times the length to complete it.

No comments: